Did you know that WordCamps are run entirely by volunteers? From the organizers who plan it all, to the volunteers who work the event, to the speakers who teach you new things – everyone donates their time to make the WordPress community a better place.
Getting involved with a WordCamp is one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to contribute to the WordPress community – plus it gives back to you!
Boons of WordCamp Volunteering
- Meet, network, and help other WordPress enthusiasts
- Round out that LinkedIn profile with some volunteering cred
- Hear from a variety of top-notch WordPress and marketing experts
- Master the art of holding up time cards
- Make your directorial debut, filming speaker sessions
Are you ready to step up and help? Local Kansas Citians can find a variety of ways to help the WordPress community. Here are some tasks where we can always use support…
- Setup: These volunteers will be asked to come in early—especially on the first day—to help with elements of the venue before the event begins.
- Takedown: Help us clean up and take down any equipment/tables we have setup.
- Registration and Greeters: Your role is to help manage the registration table, and to make sure attendees are registered and receive their badges and gifts. We also need people to act as ambassadors in the venue and help lost people find the rooms they are looking for.
- Room Host: Help keep speakers on time, get water or supplies they need, and let the organizers know if there are problems in the room, such as A/V equipment failure. This is one of the plum positions as you get to watch the sessions while also helping.
- Video Support: Help keep the cameras running for each session. This is one of the other plum positions as you’re soaking up all that knowledge while the camera rolls.
- Community Support Lounge: Help your fellow WordPressians answer pesky questions and do on-the-spot troubleshooting in our Community Support Lounge.
- Contributor Day: Lend your hand to make WordPress even awesomer via Contributor Day.